With the rise of background checks in organizations and companies, it would only be essential that they get the most accurate and complete results in background checks. It is important to the HR, since it is one step that will lead them closer to the perfect candidate for the job vacancy.
Here are a few common mistakes and errors that Hiring managers must avoid in performing background checks with the help of applicant tracking software:
- Aliases or people with common names– With many people having the same name and aliases, it’s important that you double check and verify someone’s location too. It’s because a certain someone might have the same name in a different place. So, double checking the information that the applicant provided is important.
- Misreading handwriting in original information, typos, search mistakes– Someone’s data might be wrong because the input is wrong. It is vital that you check carefully the name and other data that will be given as an input so the results will be correct.
- Looking only for criminal records– One of the most common mistakes that HR make when conducting background checks is not going beyond the criminal records. Background checks are there to help you find some who are perfect with the workplace culture. It is also important that you verify his skills and educational background.
- Ignoring the legal requirements– Conducting background checks should always be in line with the law and regulations. Third-party companies they ask for help should also have accreditation for background checking like the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) accreditation. Accreditation is important since being accredited guarantees that the background check company has reached the background screening standards.
- Identity Theft– When an applicant has all the right information from another person that he used in his resume, it is difficult to know that he is conducting identity theft since applicant screening are there to gather more information regarding someone’s given data. It is not used to know who is trying to replace someone or steal someone’s identity.
- Long turnover time- A background check should just be easy to conduct and results should be quick to be retrieved or accessed. However, some companies have very long turnover time which is a huge problem. This is why using an applicant tracking software became the new trend in background screening. They are efficient to use, results are there in just a few clicks and filters and the database can store huge amount of data. Choosing an applicant tracking software is now one of the best background check choice out there.
To know more about the latest and most reliable applicant tracking software, don’t forget to visit https://www.intelifi.com/technology/emerge/