HR personnel are the gateway between an applicant and the company. They are responsible for one of the toughest decisions to make. By letting an individual work inside their facility, they are giving them the trust that they will act as they expected and work as they should. They will give them the power to handle confidential information, as well as the company’s secrets of its success. One thing about how the HR searches for the right employee for the job is sifting through application letters and resumes. However, should the next level or stage rely solely on the resume contents? Below are reasons on why HR’s should look beyond the resumes.
- A resume doesn’t tell everything- One thing you have to consider is the reality that some people are not honest. If lying will get them the job, they are mostly to lie about it, like all the skills that they say they have. You cannot test their skills by just trusting that a piece of paper is telling you the truth.
- Ask References- One of the best things to know about a person is to ask their previous employee or professional references about them. If there is something wrong or something that cannot be explained well by your applicant, then maybe his references may give some clarity to it.
- Research online- A LinkedIn profile, personal blog, Instagram and Facebook account tell a lot about a person. We live in a world where everything is usually stated online. By looking at his profile, especially on job-related sites, he is less likely to give false information, especially if he thinks that most people online can tell and see if he is not honest about his given information.
- Interview- By giving efficient interviews, you will able to see through someone in a transparent way if he is somewhat questionable. You will see through his gestures if he is lying or not and you will be able to evaluate his communication skills.
- Background Check- The most important step that any HR should never skip or neglect is the employee background checks. Through background check, you may have an insight on a person’s record- this may also include his criminal records and past records. Employee background checks are one of the most important process that would not only help you see beyond the resume, it would also save the company from all the possible risks that comes with hiring someone unworthy of the job.
Intelifi offers the best employee background checks services and software. To find out and learn more on the best employee background checks, please visit http://www.intelifi.com/technology/emerge/